Today my post is about a snack which most of us make at home, vada, and this time it is 'Kadalaparippu Vada'. Also i tried to take photographs from a different area.. but i was not at all satisfied by the outcome...Though my clicks was not good.. but the vada's was crisp and yummy .... do have a look a the recipe..
- Soak channa daal with enough water for 2 - 3 hours.
- Drain water completely. Grind to a coarsely but not so smooth paste in a mixer for just 3 - 4 pulses without adding any water.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add all other ingredients, except oil and gently mix it together.
- Make equal sized balls with the daal mix and flatten it a little bit by pressing them in between your palm.
- Heat oil for deep frying on high flame. When oil is really hot, reduce the flame to low medium and slowly add 3 to 4 vadas at a time and deep fry until crispy and golden brown. Cook both sides.Drain excess oil on a tissue paper.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee.
- Make sure that there isn't much water left in the daal before grinding otherwise the vada will break apart.
- Adjust the spiciness according to your level.
Sending this to cook-with-comfort event by Sapana
also Linking this to Simply Tadka’s 2nd Blog-iversary Celebration with Giveaway and, C'mon chefs-cook up some , Cook N Share What You Like Event & Giveaway