Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dish-It-Out : "Light Dinners"

To my lovely readers.....


WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY AND A PROSPEROUS 
NEW YEAR



So let’s begin this New Year- 2014 with a big bash!!!! I am totally excited.. My blog Anniversary was just days back and here I am with the very first event on my blog….It took me exactly one year to be a bit confident of hosting events on my blog.. Hope it rocks!!!!
So I got a chance to guest host the event,’ Dish-it-out’, a monthly event started by the brainchild-Vardhini,of CooksJoy. Usually this event used to have ‘matchmaking’ topics, as to choose 2 or 3 ingredients veg ingredients by the host and the participants should use the key ingredients and dish-it-out. But this time, Vardhini has come up with lovely themes. I chose the theme as “Light Dinners”. Cook up delicious recipes that can be served for diner , but just not too heavy… you can think from soups to salads to pastas to roti’s and curries  to casseroles’ to hot desserts and so on….Be it Indian or international…but veggie…I know idea’s must be just pouring into you…



So let’s bring on the tempting dishes with flavors and beautiful pictures…for this entire month – January 2014

So here are the basic rules for participating
  • Cook a dish that fits the theme "Light Dinners"
  • The event runs from Jan 1st – Jan 31st   2014.
  • Only vegetarian dishes are to be entered. Eggs are allowed in baking.
  • Use of logo is appreciated as it helps spread the word.
  • Linking your entries to the announcement page and to Vardhini’s page is MANDATORY.
  • Any numbers of entries are accepted.
  • Archived entries are accepted as long as updated and linked to both the announcement pages.
  • Please link your entries using the linky tool attached to this post by 31st Jan 2014.
  • If you are finding trouble to link the entries using the linky tool, please send in your entries to preethasoumyantk[at]gmail[dot]com, latest by Jan 31st 2014 with the following details
                 Name:
                 Blog name and URL:
                 Dish Name:
                 Dish URL:
                 Photos:
  • Non bloggers – Email me your entries and I will link it up here. Send in your entries to the above mentioned email id with the details.
  • Please leave a comment below when you link an entry which will be easy for me to visit your page and leave a reply there. 
  • I will be announcing as well as posting a roundup of all the entries in the first week of February.
Looking forward for yummy delicious recipes…
Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity Vardhini.

25 comments:

  1. Lovely Event. Sure will attach my entries soon dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...do make the event interesting and happening with your delicious.. waiting for your delicious entries..

      Delete
  2. Hi, I have linked my entries. Happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAVE A VERY VERY HAPPY,HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2014!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kumar....May all your days be bright and challenging in 2014.. waiting for your delicious dishes...

      Delete
  4. HI Sowmya,

    This is Tanya here. I am new for blogging. I would also like to participate in this event. Will share a recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome to my event Tanya... do link in your delicious recipes... so that i can share it to all...thanks for the support...Happy Blogging

      Delete
    2. Preetha,

      I have linked my recipe here. Please check and suggest me on the confusion occurred with the display name :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats for organising the event and I am looking forward to the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support and inspiration....Nav..waiting for your lip smacking dishes..

      Delete
  6. It is always great meeting and befriending new set of bloggers. So thanks for your kind visit at my blog. You have a nice space and happy following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very interesting event.. i m tempted to join..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Do link in your tempting dishes...and do share the link to all your fellow bloggers

      Delete
  8. Happy Hosting Preetha..Linked my entry, thanks for letting me know about the event, will try to send in more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year.Thanks for the info about the event.Will try to add the link asap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi,Im new to the blogging world.I linked a recipe and did a big mistake while choosing the picture.Please do the needful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Preetha..
    I am new this blogging world.I am so happy to participate in this event.Have added my link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much waiting for your yummy recipes..

      Delete
  12. I have linked a few easy and tasty recipes. Will be adding more. Do visit my blog and let me know your comments.

    http://recipesfromamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Preetha, Thanks for visiting my blog. I have submitted one of my dishes. Let's stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi preetha,
    I have linked a few entries.will try to send more... Its a pleasure to participate in ur event.
    All the best for your event.
    My link is
    http://chikkuskitchen.blogspot.in/
    Thanks with regards
    ASHA ( CHIKKUSKITCHEN)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Preetha,
    Congrats on hosting your first event, hope you have many more happy times, hosting. All the best. I am inspired to move in this direction, seeing your success.
    Thanks for your kind comment, will definitely try and post some more dishes to you.
    Preeti
    http://purelypedestrian.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Preetha,
    Thanks for visiting my blog.I have added Dal Makhani in this event.Take care

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for paying a visit to my little blog. If you happen to try out any of my recipes posted on blog, please do leave a comment, from which I can review and also help other visitors who visit A Bowl of Curry. Feel free o send in your suggestions about the blog or the recipes…which will make me improve.
Thanks
Preetha

Featured Post

Thakkali Rasam ~ Tomato Rasam~South Indian Tangy Tomatao Soup

Tomato or Thakkali Rasam is one of the soothing and comforting dish that anybody can have during this rainy and chilling weather with...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...