This is one of the easiest of halwa i have ever tried. This is a Konkani Dessert, made with the Kerala Plantain. The banana should be ripe , so that it is sweet and soft. We in Kerala , prepare this and called it pazham vaattiyathu. We cut the banana long into halves and shallow fry in ghee or oil. Finally sprinkle some sugar on it. When i saw this on tv, i bookmarked it.
- Kerala Plantain(Ripe) - 2
- Sugar - 4 - 5 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder -2 Tsp
- Ghee - 2 Tbsp
- Oil - for deep frying
- Pistachios chopped- 1 Tbsp
- Peel and cut the bananas into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan, and deep fry the cubed bananas till they are golden brown.
- Remove from oil, drain and transfer to a bowl.
- In a serving bowl, sprinkle some sugar and cardamom powder. Now place the first batch of fried bananas.
- Repeat the step, until all the bananas are fried and layered like this.
- Sprinkle some ghee and chopped pistachios on top and serve hot.
- This halwa is best served and eaten when hot. Because as it cools down, the sugar syrup melts down out of halwa and banana pieces will become hard and sticky