- French Beans - 1/4 Kg
- Grated coconut - 2 - 3 Tbsp
- Onion - 1 small
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Green Chilly - 2- 3
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Dry Red Chilly - 2
- Coconut Oil/ Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Wash the beans in water two to three times and trim off the edges ('de-fibred'), cut into one cm length pieces diagonally. (you can also cut into square, long or very fine pieces.)
- In a bowl, mix cut beans, grated coconut, slit green chilly, chopped onion, turmeric powder and salt, along with curry leaves. Mix with our hand/spoon.
- Heat a pan/kadai, add coconut oil / oil, splutter mustard seeds, and throw in dry red chilly.
- Add the prepared mix, mix well.
- Just sprinkle a tablespoon of water and cover and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in between. Check salt. Open the lid and cook until water is all absorbed and 'upperi' is dry.
- Serve hot with rice in your lunch menu.