Parippu Curry is something everyone love to have this hot steamed rice, or even chappathi. This is curry which anyone who is the beginner in cooking will start with, especially the bachelor boys... by sons have cooked it.. even they dont know the ABC of cooking.... So here is a simple Daal Curry... recipe...
- Toor Daal - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Green Chilly - 8
- Onion - 1 small
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Red Chilly powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Garlic - 1-2 crushed
- Cumin seeds crushed - 1/4 Tsp
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
- Curry Leaves
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 Tsp
- Dry Red Chilly - 2
- Shallots/Pearl Onions thinly sliced - 3-4
- Curry Leaves - 1 Sprig
- Wash and clean Tool Daal in water. Pressure cook tool daal with green chilly, onion sliced,turmeric powder, red chilly powder,water and salt. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- In a mixer grind coconut with little turmeric powder and water. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add this to the cooked daal. Add curry leaves also.Bring it to a nice boil.
- When it boils add crushed cumin seeds to it. Off the flame.
- In a small pan, heat ghee, splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and shallots/pearl onions to it. Let the onions brown to golden , then add red chilly to it. Off the flame and pour it to the curry. Add crushed garlic on top.
- Serve hot with hot hot steamed rice, or any roti's.