Toady i made these delicious fried pockets filling with spicy chicken dry masala to enjoy a beautiful and lovely evening...
- Maida/APF - 2 cups
- Salt - as needed
- Water - as needed
- Oil - for deep frying
- Chicken Boneless -250 gms
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp + 1/2 Tsp
- Red Chilly powder - 1 Tsp + 3 Tsp (according to taste)
- Pepper powder - 2 -3 Tsp (according to taste)
- Onion (Finely chopped)- 2 medium
- Green chilly chopped - 3
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 Tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 - 3 Tbsp
It would be better if we make the filling first and keep it to cool.
- Cook chicken in a kadai by adding 1/4 Tsp turmeric ,1 Tsp red chilly powder and salt with sufficient amount of water.Let it cook on a low flame till the meat is soft and all the water is absorbed. Cool it down and crush the cooked chicken in a chopper/food processor and keep aside.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in a pan, add finely chopped onion and saute till onion turns pink to light brown . Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilly. Saute till the raw smells leaves.
- Now add 1/ Tsp turmeric powder, 3 Tsp red chilly powder, and and pepper powder . Saute for 2-4 minutes.
- Now add crushed chicken,garam masala and fennel seeds to it. Saute till the masala becomes dry and the colour changes to dark brown. Allow this to cool down well before filling.
For the pockets
- Make a dough of the maida, salt and water. Keep it as you do for poori's or chapathi's. The dough shouldn't be too soft.
- Keep it covered for 10 minutes and pinch out balls as you do for chapathi/poori.
- Flatten them using a rolling pin. Fill in the prepared masala, as shown in the pics.
- Cover and seal all the sides properly, cut it using a pizza cutter or a knife or any cutter shapes you have.
- Deep fry them on both the sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or just as it is with your evening tea/ coffee. Chicken Masala Pockets ready... Enjoy!!!